Hunter Wetlands National Park
Are you interested in the future of Hunter Wetlands National Park? Be involved with the plan of management at www.hunterwetlandsnationalpark.com.au Comments invited in 2012
- Handbook of the Birds of the World
- Birding Pal
- Birders from around the world volunteer their services to help enthusiasts who visit their respective areas.
- Canadian Peregrine Foundation
- Lots of information on Peregrine Falcons, complete with WebCams on nesting sites. Also, the links page is worth exploring.
- BirdLife Australia
- This site is the gateway to most of the Australian ornithological sites on the Internet. It includes links to other bird clubs, ornithological tour operators and special interest groups such as those concerned with shorebirds, raptors and pelagic birds. It is the site to enter your observations onto Birdata for inclusion in the ongoing atlas of Australian birds.
- Australian Birding Web Ring
- A motley collection of Web sites of interest to Australian birdwatchers.
- Birdwatching Australia
- A directory of Australian birdwatching tours, bird clubs, freelance guides, bird-orientated accommodation and reference information.
- Birdline Victoria
- If enthusiasts from Melbourne could come all the way up here just to see our wagtail, we can at least think about ducking south for a tick.
- NSW Field Ornithologists Club
- Meetings in Sydney and on the NSW Central Coast; also activities farther afield.
- Ramsar Convention on Wetlands
- In the Hunter Region, Kooragang Nature Reserve and the Hunter Wetlands Centre are listed under the Convention.
- Australian Plants Society
- A good place to start when birdscaping your garden.
- Hunter Region Botanic Gardens
- Andrew Isles Natural History Books
- Extensive inventory and mail order service.
- Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Ornithology
- Offered by Charles Sturt University for professional and serious amateur ornithologists.